Vitamin K2 (MK7) — Easy To Swallow 100 mcg capsules
Vitamin K2 is the Best form of Vitamin K, By Far!
- The famous Rotterdam Study (4807 people) showed that Vitamin K1 intake had no effect on cardiovascular disease, but only Vitamin K2 intake.
- In this study it was found that increasing Vitamin K2 intake from less than 21 mcg daily to more than 32 mcg daily decreased calcification and mortality from cardiovascular disease by about 50%
- So since cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death and disability in modern countries, the old adage of an "apple a day" should be changed to "an apple and a Vitamin K2 capsule a day".
- Vitamin K is essential to mineral utilization.
- The K2 form of this vitamin is 20 times more effective than K1, the regular form of Vitamin K
Most people have heard that Vitamin K helps in blood clotting and that it’s major source is leafy green vegetables. Most people, however, don’t understand that Vitamin K is essential to health and that the Vitamin K2 form is FAR MORE EFFECTIVE than ordinary Vitamin K!
What Vitamin K does in the human body is:
- Helps direct calcium and other minerals to go where they are supposed to go in the body, including directing the body to use calcium to make strong bones and teeth
- And to not put calcium into our arteries
- And to send minerals to the mitochondria for use in energy production.
- Vitamin K also regulates cell growth
- And it is used in immune signaling.
Quick facts about current scientific research into the importance of Vitamin K2
(Please note disclaimer at bottom of page):
- Vitamin K2 intake has been associated with 40 to 50 percent less incidence of cardiovascular disease (Geleijnse et al., 2004, pp. 3100-3105). However, these same studies showed that intake of Vitamin K1 had no effect on cardiovascular disease outcomes.
- Vitamin K2 is theorized to be used by the body’s tissues to deposit calcium in appropriate locations, such as in the bones and teeth, and prevent it from depositing in locations where it does not belong, such as the soft tissues (Spronk et al., 2003, pp. 531-537)
- A significant amount of evidence suggests that humans require preformed K2 in the diet to obtain and maintain optimal health. The strongest indication that humans require preformed vitamin K2 in the diet is that epidemiological and intervention studies both show its superiority over K1. Intake of K2 is inversely associated with heart disease in humans while intake of K1 is not (Geleijnse et al., 2004, pp. 3100-3105).
- Vitamin K2 is at least three times more effective than vitamin K1 at activating proteins related to skeletal metabolism. (Schurgers et al., 2007) And remember that in the study on vitamin K2â€²s role in treating prostate cancer, which I mentioned at the beginning of this article, vitamin K1 had no effect. in the diet to obtain and maintain optimal health. The strongest indication that humans require preformed vitamin K2 in the diet is that epidemiological and intervention studies both show its superiority over K1.
Vitamin K2 is the Most Usable Form of Vitamin K
- Standard Vitamin K or K1 form is found in dark green leafy vegetables . Vitamin K2, however, is made in the intestines from probiotics (from the dark green leafy vegetables one has eaten) or it i also found in these foods: Natto (fermented soy), Goose liver, cheese, egg yolks, dark chicken meat, butter and it is available in supplement form.
- Vitamin K2 is highly assimilable (20 times more usable in the body than Vitamin K1) and lasts much longer in the body than the Vitamin K1 form. Simply put, it performs MUCH better!
- This is especially important in regard to people with poor dietary habits (most people these days) who aren’t eating 10 plus servings a day of vegetables, and still want to enjoy good health.
- As said, Vitamin K2 is up to 20 times more usable than Vitamin K1 and it is stored in the liver for use later on as needed throughout the body. A key issue in regard to normal Vitamin K assimilation is that if one’s digestive enzymes and gastric juices and/or probiotics (protective intestinal bacteria) are not at optimal levels, then even if one is eating ample (10+ daily) servings of dark green vegetables (unlikely in America) very little of the Vitamin K in those vegetables will actually be absorbed and utilized by the body.
Supplemental Form of Vitamin K2
Scientists have discovered that Vitamin K2 is well absorbed in supplement form, regardless of one’s gastrointestinal or liver health. So, with our Vitamin K2 supplement people who hate “nasty” vegetables or fermented Soy can still keep their bodies optimally supplied with Vitamin K.
Vitamin K2’s main job is to help ensure that minerals go to all the right places and don’t go to the wrong places. The right places are the bones and blood. The wrong places include calcification of the blood vessels, bone spurs and calcification of soft tissues. So, if you’re worried about hardening of the arteries, this is an important Vitamin for you.
Additionally, here are just some of the things that Vitamin K2 has been shown to do:
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Boosts one's immune function
- Aids in supporting normal blood sugar levels
- Supports bone health
- Reduces the risk of heart disease by helping to prevent calcification of the arteries
Highest Quality Vitamin K2 Ordering Form
Comparative Retail Price: $39.95
Our Price: $29.95 per 30 Count Bottle
Quantity Discounts Apply (3,6 or 9 units, mix and match)
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Bottle: 30
(as Menaquinone (MK7))
Videos about Vitamin K2
We disclaim any claims (if there are any) made in these videos. They are for information, education, enlightenment and entertainment only.
Vitamin K2 - The Most Unappreciated Nutrient
2 Types of Vitamin K2 (MK-4, MK-7) for Your Bones, Clogged Arteries, & Heart Disease - Dr Mandell
Christopher Speed: dietitian and nutritional scientist on the importance of Vitamin K2
Dr Sinatra MD. Reverse Plaque with Vitamin K2.